RE: Print/price question - RE: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Us

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Print/price question - RE: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

well ive turboed my ti-92 as far as it will go im getting like 24-25
mhz. i think its originaly at 10? or was it 5?
i duno i was thinking about looking for a small dc fan to put on the
procesor.

>From listown@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Wed Jan 21 20:15:32 1998
>From: Christopher Kalos <raptorone@stuytech.com>
>To: "'ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org'" <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
>Subject: RE: Print/price question - RE: TI-H: Why expander? Why
compress? Use a FDD!
>Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 22:28:28 -0500
>Sender: owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>
>On that point, what can be done to improve the speed beyond turboing?
a =
>redesigned lower noise link port?  There has to be a way to bump it up
=
>in the TI itself.  Also, do you plan on porting the MBus routines to
the =
>entire 8x line?
>Christopher Kalos
>raptorone@stuytech.com
>Executive Director/Administrator
>Virtual Technologies Developer's Group
>

>----------

Your
>main
>>> worry is not with hackers, but maybe the MBus, which has already =
>shown
>>> promise in its chat program.
>>=20
>> But, MBus can only handle 1.4k per sec wiht 2 calcs, 700b with 4, I =
>have
>> proven rates of 479k per sec with a computer parallel port.  THat is
=
>with
>> all ports sending and receiving.  The CalcNet bus can handle =
>612,000bps
>> before it generates errors, and I have it regulated to 500k per
sec...

>Just in case someone has misunderstood...
>
>MBus can handle 1.4k/sec with, say, 8 calcs. It could even handle =
>10k/sec
>with 8 calcs, but the calcs themselves are too slow to handle those
>speeds. The maximum speed doesn't drop as more calcs are added to the
>system, it only drops when there are several simultaneous transmissions
=
>on
>the bus. At any given time, the bus handles just one transmission. =
>Several
>transmissions are interlaced, so the total troughput is the same, but =
>each
>transmission is slowed down because it only gets its own share of the
>total bus bandwidth.
>
>If PC's would be connected to the MBus (I've thought about writing a
>driver in C for the parallel link), higher speeds could be used. The
>limiting factor is currently always the receiving calculator, TI-85's =
>can
>send at about 3kBytes/sec but receive at only about 1.3 kBytes/sec.
(The