Re: Question on the 83 [Re: TI-H: TI-85 Schematic]

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Question on the 83 [Re: TI-H: TI-85 Schematic]

I think that my chips (25) will come in by friday.  If so, I will be
selling them.

Grant

PS.  Rates of above 9600 kill the calc, and sometimes even 9600 can.  It
will have baud rates of 2400, 4800, and 9600 just because some calcs (82/3)
can't handle 9600.  The 92 how ever could handle a whole lot more.

>Anyone know if an RS-232 port could be used on the TI-83. If so, anyone know
>of any plans, etc. That I could get ahold of?
>
>Thanks
>
>jpollack@theonramp.net wrote:
>
>> Sounds like a great idea, I give a rat's *ss.
>>
>> At 09:17 AM 1/19/98 PST, you wrote:
>> >
>> >Does anyone realize that Mel Tsai is working on mappin the schematic of
>> >the TI-85??? It sounds like he's quitting because no one is asking for
>> >it, but did anyone even know about it? I sure as hell would like to have
>> >a look at the schematic. There may not be that much use for it, but it
>> >would make many tasks easy, such as replacing the Resistor/Capacitor
>> >circuit with a REAL quartz crystal Occilator and running the calc at
>> >high, accurate frequencys. You could probably EMULATE RS-232 right from
>> >the link port with a crystal! Also, it might be possible to improve the
>> >link circutry for higher speeds. ROM upgrades may actualy be a
>> >possibility (doubt it though due to dificulty). Just imagine! He said
>> >once that he had much of it done. I've mapped circuit boards before, but
>> >mapping something as small as a TI-85 is hell. Even if he isn't done, he
>> >could atleast give out the work he does have instead of making us do it
>> >all over again if we ever need it. If you want to see the TI-85
>> >Schematic, LET HIM KNOW!!! I sure as hell want to see it. If anyone else
>> >is interested, then let him know that there is _someone_ other than me,
>> >who "gives a Rat's *ss about it," to quote him.
>> >
>> >If no one cares, then I'll drop it, but imagine the hardware that could
>> >be done on it then!
>> >
>> >Put "TI-85 schematic" in the subject line so he sees it. He isn't on the
>> >list anymore, so if you e-mail him, use his address. I forgot what it
>> >was, but I'll also forward them if they are on the list or sent to me.
>> >
>> >Richard Piotter
>> >richfiles1@hotmail.com

>--
>
>-----