RE: TI-H: direct bus access

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: direct bus access

EMS, the enhanced memory spec back in the XT days...
It used 64K pages to switch banks of extra RAM.  Reduce that to say, 16K or 8K pages, and you're set.  actually, address it by 16-bit values.  64K is available, and then implement a method of switching pages.  It's slow, but can allow you to have a lot more space, provided you can find a place to stash the RAM chips.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group