Re: TI-H: Re: Printing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: Printing

I've got printing working fully on an ImageWriter (serial), ImageWriter II
(serial) IBM (real big parallel), Star NX-1000, and an HP 870Cxi.  I now
have support for text printing on *all* parallel and serial printers, those
listed were the first to have multiple fonts and graphic capibility.  This
is so cool!  I'll probably be able to sell the TI<->Serial/Parallel
converter soon (week) so just keep checking my web page.  I'm just about to
put up a section on the protocall and how to use ASCII printing.  Btw, the
ImageWriter and HP both have graphic -and- color support...  ;)

Grant

>I have a Star NX-1000II (Not rainbow) printer, from my departed Commodore

Then its your lucky day because I have a Star NX-1000 too...

>64, that I used quite frequently for printing long files and banners.
>They are much quicker than inkjets.  I thought that I was the only person
>to use an old inkjet on a new PC.  I must agree on the cheap part, as I

Well, depends entirely on the printer.

>have seen them for $10- at computer shows and in the bargain bin locally.
> What would be really great would be a receipt printer from a cash
>register.
>~Larry C
>Larry1492@juno.com
>
>>We can't possibly design our own thermal printers, but then again, =
>>remember dot-matrix?  we can use that, and it's plenty fast, and cheap
>>=
>>to maintain.  I have a 12 year old dot-matrix printer in perfect
>>working =
>>condition!
>>Christopher Kalos
>>raptorone@stuytech.com