Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Why expander? Why compress? Use a FDD!

>>Actually, All modern era Macs use the PC standard for
>>1.4MB , and possibly 720K, 3.5"FDD's  We could use >the
>existing standard OTHERWISE you would have to >manually put
>games on disk from the calc!  Not a fun >thing to do for
>200+ games.  You could load them on >your disk from the PC.
>>~Larry C
>>Larry1492@juno.com
>
>That's not true. PC's use Fat 16, 32, or NTFS. Macs use the
>Mac file system. They use the same disks but are not
>compatable without special programs.

I think he meant to say Macs can read PC disks, which is true.  IBMs can't
read any macintosh disk except 1.4MB.  Apple has been formatting the
regular disks at 800k ever since 1990 and that will never change.  IBMs
can't read 800k disks because their heads aren't built for it.

---
Grant Stockly
AppleCyber - http://www.alaska.net/~gussie