Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

On Fri, 16 Jan 1998, Muhammed Galadima wrote:

> True. But it's fun to do! I guess I'm doing it more as a hobby than
> anything else. Practice makes perfect (yeah, right ;))... if I don't
> build/write anything for a while, I'll lose what (little?) skill I have.
>
> Muhammed
>

> >Big advice. You guys think all this stuff is cool, I do too. But wake
> >up. 32k of ram, and someone wants to make their own internet for the TI
> >calcs? Get real. What I have been thinking about is a lower series
> >portable computer, from a TI-92's processor, similar keypad, and
> >display. Then you can do all that stuff :). You want my opinion, about
> >the WWW calc thing? Would be good if you got the FCC to give you a band
> >in major cities and then have antennas, not modems.

There is no way that 32k of Memory is enough to support an internet
service on a calculator.  Before you guys start an internet link to a TI,
somoeone should find a way to inexpensively increase the memory of the
calculators.  Just a thought...

      REPENT SINNNERS! THE END IS NEAR! FINALS ARE COMING!

      Visit my home page at: http://www.mbhs.edu/~dvlacich/
     ____  \  / __  / / _ \	      Daniel Vlacich
    /    / / / / / / / / / \          Montgomery Blair High School
   /    / / / /_/ / / / /  /          You Best Recognize!
  /    / / / __  / / / /  /           email: dvlacich@mbhs.edu