Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

hello, the ti-92 plus module is comeing in a month or two. it will add
another 128 user memory.(now i read something about it haveing 500k user
mem?...someone look at Ti website) on top of the 92's 60k now...
thats pleanty of memory. so maybee makeing it for 92's is the most
feasable anyway.  and it also has a query key board, and unless someone
can figure out how to connect a keyboard to the Ti-8x series it wouldent
be very practical to use them for internet.
thats just my opinion.
sorry for the spelling , im in a hurry gota leave in 10 minuts.

>From listown@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Thu Jan 15 18:11:14 1998
>From: "Chase Venters" <chasetig@hotmail.com>
>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>Subject: Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics
>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 18:00:16 PST
>Sender: owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>

>Big advice. You guys think all this stuff is cool, I do too. But wake
>up. 32k of ram, and someone wants to make their own internet for the TI
>calcs? Get real. What I have been thinking about is a lower series
>portable computer, from a TI-92's processor, similar keypad, and
>display. Then you can do all that stuff :). You want my opinion, about
>the WWW calc thing? Would be good if you got the FCC to give you a band
>in major cities and then have antennas, not modems.
>
>>From listown@towerguard.unix.edu.sollentuna.se Thu Jan 15 12:03:55
1998
>>Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:59:52 -0800
>>From: Matt Johnson <matt.johnson@wmich.edu>
>>Subject: Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics
>>To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>>Sender: owner-ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
>>

>>yes, exactly. Use the PDA/laptop system to generate enough profit to
>>keep our calculators happy (i.e generate enough profit start
connecting
>>calculators). Kinda like a hinden agenda. Charge for PDA/laptop use
>>while allowing the TI users connect for free. Then once the number of
>TI
>>users was great enough to create seperate system of it's own you could
>>start to charge an inexpensive hourly fee (say $.50 for starters) to
>>keep the demand up. All the while the PDA/laptop system is still
>>creating money. So even though your TI system is losing money at first
>>your still making money because of the PDA/laptop system (or branch).
>>Then by the year 2010 the orignators will have a lot of money, and
will
>>be sick and tried of calculators and let the new kids take over.
>>-mj
>>
>>Peter Sahlstrom wrote:
>>>
>>> What about some sort of system that PDAs, laptops, etc. could use
and
>that the TI
>>> could connect to. (Promote it as for the laptops, etc, but make it
> [...]
AM
>band.

>like
>You could