RE: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

	I'm not taking that as a flame, btw, this is just a response.
	Check out what early microcomputers had.  NOTHING.  The internet was done via terminals.  When we plan on doing TCP/IP, it's to establish a connection to a server and run telnet.  from there, you do work.
	TI-Networking is not something that can act like say, a series of laptops on a net.  We all know the limitations.  That's why we're using the AVR microcontrollers.  While difficult, it is very possible to soup up the calculator.  I still plan on replacing the CPU altogether and redoing the ROM and most other aspects to get what might be the first "TI-clone."  Not at all marketable, but pretty cool.  Now, if we reverse engineer the ROM and everything properly, we don't even get in trouble.
	If reverse engineering were totally illegal, we'd all be running IBM PC's, not clones.  If Phoenix pulled it off (white-room rev. engineering), then so can we.
	The deal with the network is that it will die unless teachers get involved, or we can get a stable internet connection.  We might be hobbyists, but hey, I want to make it somewhere (in terms of personal pride) with all of this.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group