Re: TI-H: New Port Design and TI-Calc Network

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: New Port Design and TI-Calc Network

>Also,  the ti-calc super network, could be done with a modified
>GPS system.  All it would require is someone with a few extra sattelites
>lying around the house and maybe a couple reusable Titan rockets :).
>
>Really, I think that if TI-users could crack a deal w/ the Richochet
>people or oher Point-to-Point radio comapanies, we would be able to
>provide a valid Internet service.

Amature radio is much better.  All you need to do is get a used 90$
transmitter and then build a packet modem.  That would easily go 5,000
miles.  Also, I tested the Point to point sattelites, and after a while,
(10,000 miles) the signal dies out.

>Also,  How about just a news feed/weather feed/stock feeder for the
>calc.  That would only require transmission on one end and recieve on
>the other.
>

>Michael Katz-Hyman

---
"Earth Today.  We'll strip mine other planets later."