Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: RE:IRLink Schematics

--Talking about SW--
Please tell me if you are interested in world wide communication for
calculators...  :)  Very possible, and I will do it if there is a demmand.

--Talking about FM--
Kinda, the FCC would impound you with a fine of (minimum for over 1watt in
lower 48, 10watt in alaska) $20,000.  Beleive me, they are out to catch
free radio berkley.  My friend and I can set up legaly a 5 watt transmitter
(cost about $200) and communicate 10 miles away, but...  The reason it is
so expensive is because it has to have pre-emphesis and you have to use
ferite coils...

I have my own radio station, Radio 89.75 Anchorage, but it doesn't break 10
miles at 2.7watt.  I have yet to make a 15volt transformer to make it do
7watt, but...

--Talking about SW--
The closest thing you could do is get a packet modem and have someone write
a driver for it.  Travis is making a serial driver for our CalcNet project
that will allow it (calcs) to print, ect. but also we might add support for
a centralized server (Anhcorage, AK) where all calculator networks arround
the world could exchange info.  If you are interested in 'packet modems'
then I can build one and everyone on this list can get a Ham radio *and* a
no-code tech liscense.  I've got a Amature Extra, but I didn't take the
code part, and mu opportunity expired 12/31/97 so I'll have to take the
test over...(VERY hard)  Right now I'm a code-tech. :(

Grant