RE: TI-H: HPs

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: TI-H: HPs

Sounds like a newbie post....
RAM expansion is here, just not fully ported.  In addition, our designs are generally MUCH cheaper. A hacked HP expansion card runs around $80, while an Expander SF (if you can get the chip) runs maybe $40 total.
The link port redesign (dubbed the SPInterface) gives us a 10-pin keyed link port complete with power, comparable to the HP48 series link port.
Infrared?  Once people start to really waste time on the calcs, it will arrive.  The main problem is that it's very difficult.
Speaker:  piezo buzzer attached to the link port.
Real Time clock:  maybe via an I2C chip.  Or try installing a crystal oscillator in the calc in place of the C9 capacitor.  Still crewing around with that one personally, I want to make sure I buy the right crystal, because they're reasonably expensive.

But in all reality, the HP48GX has many advantages.  better programming capabilities, a working IR link, terminal emulation, and a slew of other add-ons (TI-92 style "Pretty Print" comes to mind).  In reality, if I wanted a better calculator for playing games and working, I'd pick the HP, but hacking the TI is much more fun.
Christopher Kalos
raptorone@stuytech.com
Executive Director/Administrator
Virtual Technologies Developer's Group