Re: TI-H: TI 92 Masked ROM & intern/extern ROM

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: TI 92 Masked ROM & intern/extern ROM

> In the LowLevel.txt file of Fargo & Fargo II for TI92, there is :
>
> > 200000-2FFFFF to address ROM if it is masked (soldered onto the board).
> > 400000-4FFFFF to address ROM if it is contained in a ROM module.
>
> I don't know what mean intern/extern ROM. Does intern mean 'solder onto the
> board' and extern 'in the module' ?
> And is it possible to upgrade a solder ROM ? (for TI92 Plus)

   Internal ROM is soldered to the TI board, external is in the ROM module
under the test access panel.  The first few instructions of the internal ROM
check to see if an external ROM is present (such as the TI-92+ module) and call
it instead, so you can indeed upgrade the internal ROM calcs.

   Hope that answers your question.

--Bryan
bcturner@eos.ncsu.edu