Re: TI-H: Paralell link problems

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Paralell link problems

There are two sources of problems,

1) Pentuims may have speeded up your ISA bus. If you are using a MUlt-IO
card in a ISA buss slot,
you may need to go into your bios and adjust the ISA buss clock so that it
slows down a little.
For example you may see where it says "ISA buss [clk\3]". In this case you
would select "clk\4", or
"clk\8". The reason for this is that IBM AT computers used a 20mhz I/O buss.
Later some computers
increased the speed (upto 40-70mhz). Older equipment won't work.

2) The second problem you may have is the port protocol. Older equipment and
programs where designed
to work with what is called SPP. They went through several hardware
modifications since the. Ther are
now SPP, PS/2, EPP, and ECP. Bios manufactures refer to these different
types with non standard
terms. Many use "modes" for their discription. For this reason you will just
have to go into your bios setup
and start cycling through each, reboot, and see if it works.

You may also have a combination of both of these. I would suggest you slow
your buss down as much
as possible, then start trying different printer modes.