From: "Joe Martis" <bungix@hotmail.com>
To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org
Subject: TI-H: Why make hardware upgrade? CMPRS!!!
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 07:58:44 PST

I don't get it... Everyone is trying to make a hardware memory
expansion. It cost money... Why not use a logical way to solve the
problem. Compress! I figure that if the programmers (I really sould have
written this to the asm list, but I'm not gonna subscribe) would make a
shell (I'm talking about 82) that takes up most of the memory, and it's
mostly blank space. Then the shell and some homemade link software would
use a protocal to transfer new files into the compressed space. The
shell would decompress the file it's going to run and put it into the
compressed/free space, uncompressed. So the shell never lets anything
out of it's 'space.' The leftover space would have to be enough to allow
the calculator to function normally. I don't understand why no one has
tried it (and publicly announced it.)

-Joe Martis