Re: TI-H: EL Backlight offer -- $10

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Backlight offer -- $10

>I am offering electroluminecent lamps and inverters as a kit for
>adding a backlight to your calculator.  Each lamp is $10 and each
>inverter is $15.
>
>To order, send me your name, address, how many lamps you want, the
>exact measurements of each lamp, how many inverters you want, how
>you want each lamp prepared (not at all, edges insulated, inverter
>attached, inverter heat-shrunk)), and of course, $10 for each lamp
>and $15 for each inverter (unless paying by barter, in which case,
>send the item(s) agreed to).

>If you want larger quantities (more than 3-4), please order in lots
>of 7, and specify color (White, Green, Blue-Green, or Blue).

Since you pre test them, I think It may be fine to go with this. I'll
need 7 in all, but that's $175, so I may wait on it. I was hoping for
the bright bluish color like indiglow, and I'd want all the EL panels
insulated and ready to use. I measured my LCD to have about 6.5
centimeters by 4.5 centimeters viewable area, so that's what I'll want.
I assume that's about the same as your inches measurment as well. Just
so the entire screen lights. I can mess with the inverter myself, If you
can include the heat shrink tubing allong with it, I'd appreciate it.
Maybe leave one EL not insulated and include instructions??? I'll let
you know when I have $175 collected. I'll also want the source, because,
If I find them satisfactory, I'll want to order them myself for my
backlight orders (I'll be producing ready built ones and be installing
them in other people's calcs for those who don't have the skills to do
it themselves or are afraid they'll wreck their calcs).

Let me know how long it would take to get them to me from the time you
get my cash to the time I get the EL's. I'm not ordering immediately,
but I will eventualy order. I'll need 7. (could you send the extra trim
if there is any, since I'd be buying all of them (I think you said
before there was a little extra EL after cutting them out)).

Also, I'll let you know when I have all the cash to order them. Then you
can get me your address to send it, right. You mentioned bartering???
Are you charging extra for shipping? Those switches I sent you cost
$1.00 for three, but are $5.00 for shipping from the company that sells
them, so maybe, since I sent you those, you could cut the shipping
charges, if it's added to the $175, other wise, don't worry about it.
Thanks!!!

Oh yeah, you ought to get the switches monday or tuesday.

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

The Richfiles TI Page
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html