TI-H: EL Backlight offer -- $10

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EL Backlight offer -- $10

Greetings all!

I don't know how many of you have been following the EL Panel thread,
but I thought I'd go ahead and post all of the details in one message.

I am offering electroluminecent lamps and inverters as a kit for
adding a backlight to your calculator.  Each lamp is $10 and each
inverter is $15.

The lamp color will be white.  Each lamp will have solderable male
crimp pins for power.  The raw panels have uninsulated edges, and
should not be installed without first insulating them.  If you wish,
I can do this for you.  I can also attach the inverter to the lamp
and encapsulate it with heat shrink tubing, but you will need to
specify the length of leads you want (The DC input leads will be
several inches long, you can trim them to length).

The inverters are 5mm x 8mm x 5mm, and have 4 PCB mount pins for
input and output.  The input is 1.5 - 5 VDC, output is 70-80 VAC
at 300-400 Hz.  The inverter uses an external capacitor and inductor
to set the voltage and frequency.  I do not know at this time what
the min and max ranges of the inverter, nor the component values
needed to make those settings.  There is no reason you need to use
this particular inverter, you may supply your own if you wish.

The lamps will put out about 5-6 foot lamberts with this inverter.
Lower frequencies will decrease the brightness.  Note that this
inverter is designed to power only up to about 5 or 6 square inches
of lamp, so if your lamp is much bigger, you may need to find a
different inverter.

My TI-85 has a 2.75" x 2" LCD, if you require a different size,
please be sure to specify the precise measurements, I will let
you know if it is too large.

I can accept payment in cash, check, money order, or barter (with
preapproval).  I must have payment before I send the lamps.  If your
lamp or inverter does not work when you get it, you can send it back
to me for a refund (minus shipping fees).  I will verify that all
inverters and lamps are functional (24 hour 'burn in') before I send
them, so this shouldn't be a problem.

To order, send me your name, address, how many lamps you want, the
exact measurements of each lamp, how many inverters you want, how
you want each lamp prepared (not at all, edges insulated, inverter
attached, inverter heat-shrunk)), and of course, $10 for each lamp
and $15 for each inverter (unless paying by barter, in which case,
send the item(s) agreed to).

Adjustable brightness lamps will require a variable cap installed
on the inverter.  If you want to install a variable cap, don't ask
me to put on the heat shrink.

If you want larger quantities (more than 3-4), please order in lots
of 7, and specify color (White, Green, Blue-Green, or Blue).

NOTICE:
Don't send me any payment yet (you can't anyway, you don't have my
address)!  I must be able to sell 5-6 of these before I will get
any. Let me know you are interested, and I will notify you when you
need to send me payment.  If you want to get them sooner, order two!

If you have questions about size, installation, quantity or
whatever, please send me e-mail (or post to the list, incase
others have the same questions).

Later!
David Knaack