Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

On Thu, 26 Feb 1998, Richard Piotter wrote:

> Super glue will only insulate it. Also, is there a plug that atches to
> it, or just some metal tab or spring that touches it? If there are any
> wires on it, just solder to those! Maybe heat bonding will work as
> well???

If the wires are pressed firmly against the contacts while being glued, it
should work.

The terminals on this particular panel are just extensions of the metal
film inside the panel. It is just a film bonded to a plastic backing, so
it melts VERY easily.

Somebody asked what size this panel is. Again, it is the LimeLight (I got
mine at Wal-Mart for about $5) and the overall size is 56mm wide by 44mm
tall. The viewable area (is that what you would call it?) is 51mm wide by
37mm tall. The tabs are about 4mm wide and 8mm long, mounted in the center
of one of the longer sides.

Now I just need an inverter.. ;)

--
Greg Hill