Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

>How many are you selling?

I am keeping one for myself, so I can sell 6.

>Could I get a discount for large quantities?

I'm selling these at my cost, plus ~$1.50 (for shipping and my
trouble).  If you want more that that, you'd be better off buying
the prototype kit and cutting them yourself.  I am selling them
because the prototype kit can produce 7, and I only need one.
Selling them at cost defers the cost for all involved.

>  How do you seal them from condensation?

I assume you mean the EL panels, not the calc.
According to the manufacturer, the panels are manufactured
in such a way that the phosphors used do not oxidize in the
presence of moisture.  The only reason to seal these panels
is to protect other electronics from the voltages present on the
cut edges.

>Do you check for  glass shard after cutting?

I'm not sure I follow...  The EL panels are made of polyester
film, phosphors, barium titanate, silver ink, and metal leads.
I was planning on using a double layer of clear tape to bind
the edges, and heat-shrink tubing over the inverter.

>What color?

I will order white, but three main colors are available, green,
blue-green, and white.  Custom colors can be produced by
the addition of color filters (I don't know if this option is
available with the prototype kit, I would assume yes).

>How do you attatch leads?

The leads for the kit appear to be crimped male pins, which
it says are solderable.

>I am interested, if you can answer these simple questions.

Kool, let me know, I'd like to order this in the near future.
My cost will be $75 for 7 panels and one inverter, plus $15
for each additional inverter.  My cost for each unit is then
$23.58, I'll resell them for $25.

I can isolate it for you (tape the panel and heat-shrink encapsulate
the inverter, if present), or you can do it yourself.

The inverters come in both 8 pin narrow SOIC and micro
SOIC packages.  If you want, you can purchase your inverter
from another source, and just get the panel from me.  In that
case, it will only be $10.

David Knaack