TI-H: Hello

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Hello

Hi.
I just wanted to let everyone know I have joined, and to ask a few questions.
I recently found that the brittle plastic in the linkport on my TI-92 snapped,
causing the contact for the first ring to be exposed, and to break off where
it was soldered to the board.  I am currently using a setup with a wire
wrapped around the 2nd ring of my GraphLink cable and layed into the calc to
touch the old solder where the contact used to be.  I would appreciate any
ideas on how to fix this.  (I don't want to have to send it back to TI, and I
don't even know if the warantee will cover it...it probably won't.)
I have been reading the archive of this list, and have noticed a few projects
that I find interesting. One would be the network hub that...if memory
serves...supports up to 128 connections, and can connect everything from Ti
calcs to PCs, and anything in-between.  Another thing I would like to see
finished soon would be the EII.  The other projects that seem interesting are
the IR link, and (if anyone decides to build it) the RF link.
I am new to the world of TI Calcs and the world of hardware, but find both
interesting, and have decided to pick up electronics as a hobby, if for
nothing else, to build interesting attatchments for my 92.

                                                      -Tom (C-T-X1WV1)