Re: TI-H: EL Panel

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: EL Panel

>> You're kidding?! There must be cheaper EL panels than that!
>
>Yeah.. The LimeLight is a nightlight I found at a Wal-Mart near here. The
>EL panel is slightly smaller than the viewable area of the calc, but I

What are the exact dimensions of that nightlight panel?

ELTech sells a prototyping kit (complete with a suitable inverter) that
can be cut with a knife for 75$  The sheet can be cut into 7 light panels,
yielding a price of about 11 dollars each.  Of course, this only comes
with one inverter, additional inverters are about 10 bux, so, on the
average,
$20 each.  Of course, you still have to spend 135 bux for the kit and 6
extra
inverters....  Oh, and the 7 TI-85 sized panels leave an extra 11 square
inches
of EL panel just to play with (if you can figure out how to power them
without leads).

The cut edges of the panels are live, so they would probably need to be
taped up so you dont fry the calculator.

No one responded last time I asked, so I'll ask again, would anyone
be interested in buying backlight kits for 25 bux?

DK