Re: TI-H: LCD problem

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: LCD problem

From: PXGray@aol.com <PXGray@aol.com>
>Yea, I think using a strip such as the Timex Indeiglo thing would work a
lot
>better than the current TI-Glow.  The trouble is, finding a big enough
strip
>out of existing hardware, or building one yourself.  That would be a good
idea
>if someone could do it though.  It might suck through batteries real fast
>too...

Well, several local hardware and department stores sell Indiglo-style
nightlights,
just rectangles of the stuff about 2.5 x 2 inches on a side, for about 4
bux each,
or 3 for 8$.  The package claims that it uses about $0.02 worth of
electricity per
year.  I haven't purchased one to figure out the drive circuit, I was
hoping that it
would be low voltage, but it doesn't look hopeful.  It would probably be a
simple
matter to scavenge one of those panels and add it to a TI.  If one wasn't
quite big
enough to cover the whole screen, I'd bet that two could be cut together
cleanly
enough to do the job.  Then all that would be left would be a HV drive
circuit for
it, no big deal.  I think I'll pick up a couple of those lights tonight :)
I'll post tomorrow if I think it will work or not.

David Knaack