TI-H: TI85 link port repair & TI-80 link!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI85 link port repair & TI-80 link!!!

It's possible the link plug itself is damaged. Do you have a multimeter
or continuity tester? plug the link cable into the calc with it opened
and touch one probe to the tip of the link cable and the other probe to
the end of the link plug. Middle ring on the tip and the middle wire on
the link connector, and finaly, the base ring on the link to the
connection on the plug closest to the case. All should cause the tester
to beep or light or whatever it does. If it doesn't, then you have a
problem. Chances are, your tip connections won't work. It may be
possible to fix the actual plug. If you can see the inside from the
back, push the metal forward a bit. Otherwise, you may need to replace
it. I only have the one in my expirimental TI-80 link, so I realy can't
help. Maybe. I have fixed links before though.
Also, is it a link plug soldered to the main board, or is there a sub
assembly with a clear ribbon cable connecting to the main board? If the
link is on an assembly, the ribbon cable wires are not in the same
order. Go by the link plug, not the ribbon cable. I have a link port
soldered onto my TI-80, but i never finnished mapping the schematic for
it's never completed Link circuits. I'm trying to build a link port on
the TI-80. I doubt it supports it in ROM, but you never know??? Maybe
silent linking to a computer would be possible??? It looks like TI was
going to put a link cable on the TI-80, but decided not to at the last
minute. I'd like to know if anyone has the view screen version of the
TI-80. If they do, I'd love to hear a description of what's inside!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

>I am looking for information about the possible repair of the
>link port on my TI-85.  I had the calculator for about a year before
>I realized that it was not functional, and probably never had been.
>I had attempted to link to a friends calculator once, but never got
>it to work.  I dismissed this as a fluke and forgot about it.  About a
year ago I built a link cable for the PC, and discovered that the port