TI-H: TI85 link port repair?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI85 link port repair?

Greetings!

I am looking for information about the possible repair of the
link port on my TI-85.  I had the calculator for about a year before
I realized that it was not functional, and probably never had been.
I had attempted to link to a friends calculator once, but never got
it to work.  I dismissed this as a fluke and forgot about it.  About a
year ago I built a link cable for the PC, and discovered that the port
really was dead.

Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this port, or what
possible actions I can take to have it repaired? (other than repair
from TI?  At the 45$/hr rate I was quoted on repairs, it would be more
cost effective for me to simply buy a new calculator).

This calculator has been 'over clocked', the cap in what I assume
to be the master clock replaced with a 1pf.  I don't think that this will
effect the operation of the port seriously, but I thought it worth
mentioning.

Thanks!
David Knaack [dknaack@easen.net]