TI-H: EL panels - WARNING!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: EL panels - WARNING!

    I talked to someone from Lumitek International about EL panels.  They sell for about $5 each for a panel the size of a calc.  The inverters are about the same price.  The inverters are half the size of a watch, they WILL fit inside a calc!  Someone said earlier that you can cut EL panels and they will still work.  Only big EL panels will work.  If you try and cut one for a calc, the person I talked to said that they had problems when they cut them that small without special tools.  He said that they left shards of glass that caused the inverter not to work properly.  If you cut it with scissors, inspect the edges under a microscope to see if there are any little shards left behind.  This is the place I am ordering all of my EL stuff from, the inverters are the size of 2 quarters!  The address is www.us.net/quantex/el.htm Someone mentioned this site earlier, thank a lot!  I'll tell you guys how it works when I get it.  You can also buy sheets cut specifcally for buttons, just cut out the white and replace w/EL.  Like the new radios and dashboards in Chrysler, Dodge, Ford, etc.  I am going to try it, If anyone wants to help.  You can also buy almost any color you want, even multicolor!

                                                                                    -Robert Brack
                                                                                    reb@netride.com