TI-H: Re: Dead LCD!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: Dead LCD!

I wish. All I can say is this... It's a SHARP LM80C24, 800x600
resolution, thousands of colors, CCFT backlit, dual scan LCD. If anyone
knows where I can find one cheap, let me know. It's 11.3" diagonal (I
think), and It'll cost $800 if I buy it direct from SHARP, if they even
sell direct. One place charges $1500 and requires you send the old LCD
and computer in!!! It sucks! The 540 is only 640x480. A LOT older style
as well, poorer colors. Interface is probably not even the same. I'll
buy the LCD from anyone who can find it, but I doubt it will be easy to
find at a good price. I'd even buy one with missing pixels, as long as
you could see the screen clearly. Also, wasn't it grant who was working
with large LCDs a while back??? what models can he get his hands on???

I need a SHARP LM80C24 or it's active Matrix equivalent (I wish! I'd
love active Matrix!!!) I thank anyone who can in ANY way help me!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com

>Don't pay too much...you could probably rip one out of a cheep PC
laptop or
>get one from www.ebay.com  You might be able to buy a dead 540 or even
>working one for 800.  Do the 540 and 1400s use the same type of screen?
At
>the least, you'd have to watch your screen resolutions and color
depth...

>>Remind me not to complain about Dead hard drives anymore! I just got
my
>>PowerBook 1400cs LCD SMASHED!!! I'm typing this now in an area of
about
>>1.5 inches by 8 inches!!! I'm so P*ISS*D off! I'm going to have to
fork
>>out $800 to fix it!!! Oh well, no body respond to this message or your
>>computer might blow up. It's cursed!!!
>
>Ohh...my computer is knocked so much (PC one) nothing more bad can
happen
>to it.  Seems like every few minutes I receive NOWA weather (153.62MHz)
>through its Ensonic card, and the screen updates make MP3s choppy, and
It
>doesn't like internet on a lan, and it doesn't like anyone, but
me...and
>some times I wounder if it even does like me, if you don't turn it off
>windows won't recognize any SCSI perepherials after a WIN95 to dos to
WIN95