Re: TI-H: good thing for mem expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: good thing for mem expander

Just use the I2C 8-bit parallel interface chip. You interface it by
emulating I2C, compatible with the MBUS network, and you have a full 8
I/O lines! Connect two and set each to a different address and you have
16 I/O lines! That's enough lines to connect 4 Flash memory chips!
that's 2 Megs! one will do a full Megabyte with 2 chips!!! The I2C chip
is also cheap, probably under $5-10 bucks!!!

BASIC Stamp's only good quality is it's simple BASIC language. I'd stick
witht the AVR. If you need more pins, maybe it would even be possible to
connect the I2C chip to the AVR and emulate the I2C protocol with the
AVR. Otherwise, just use the calc to control as many I2C chips as can be
interfaced!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com