TI-H: TI-85 AND 80/81/82 schematic

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-85 AND 80/81/82 schematic

I'm nearly complete with the TI-85 schematic. I think I figured out the
remaining connections, but I need to actualy test them. My board is
damaged, and I'll need to mess with a good one to test it. I'll do that
later, but very soon, maybe tommorow. I have done maybe 1/6 of the TI-82
schematic. I may do the TI-80 next. Curiously, It seems to have
circuitry for a link port! It also has 4 jumpers near the proccesor and
a memory chip. It may correspond to the 4 ports used in link
communication??? Once a schematic is done, someone may be able to fill
in the blanks! Maybe it can somehow support silent linking. It is a
fairly recent calc. I REALY DOUBT it, but maybe the jumpers somehow
enable an address or feature that allows a link window to be brought up
by the normal 2nd:X,T button. Like I said, I realy doubt it.

The TI-82 is a bit more complex, but it is not dificult. The 82 board I
have is also damaged, so I'm going to have trouble testing the busses.
I'll need to use another one, but it has the lower end chopped off. It
may have problems also, but I doubt the system bus goes that low. I may
yet have trouble testing the keyboard. Oh well. I'll try. I need as many
calcs as I can get (dead ones). I still need a dead 81, 83, 86, and 92.
I could realy use a TI-82 board as well. It will guarantee that all
conections are found. It's possible there are as many as 6 unknown
connections due to a hole in the board. i suppose I can jump them, but
it will be a dificult solder job.

Any dead calcs are welcome! I'll buy them cheap too if you realy need.
I'll definitely pay shipping for anyone who sends a dead calc. I can
also use a TI-85 board, since Mine is damaged. I don't like sticking my
multi meter through my good calcs.

With any luck, We'll have complete schematics of the TI-80, 81, 82, and
85 by the end of the month, maybe the next month! Oh well! We'll see!

Wish me luck!

Richard Piotter
richfiles1@hotmail.com