Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Off Topic, Windows 95 trivia

>I don't see why, a command line has no inherent superiorities
>over an intellegently designed GUI.  The usual problem is that
>the interfaces are not well designed, Windows NT has always
>had some options in screwy places.
>
>Now, I'm not saying that not having a command interpreter
>is good, just that anything you can do on a command line
>you can also do with a GUI.

Sure, but navigating with a mouse is alot slower than typing 70wpm.

>Not sure why you would try to install two copies (multi-boot
>with the same OS maybe?  one for testing, one for normal use?).
>
>Anyway, there is no excuse for releasing production software
>with major bugs, particularly in the installer.

If you mess it up in most cases you have to remove the OS with another OS
or the installer won't create a fresh copy.

Its sad that it can hardly play 2 movies on a 166MHz Pent...  These movies
are 320x240 at 15fps.  That is NOT good multimedia.