Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

From: StoryTelr Jedi Knight <storytelr@yahoo.com>
>i would have to agree, because of that fact that we make computers up
>to be "perfect" machines, that do alot with out using alot.

Unless you're microsoft...

>if you
>gave a computer AI intelligence like that of a human... well i would
>not feel to safe anymore with ANY computer running ANY system... think
>of it we already have them run nuclear power plants, and many more
>other dangerous things.

Hopefully any intelligent and self-aware systems we produce will have
safegaurds to prevent them from doing any serious damage.  However,
if we ever get around to building truely sentient systems it would be
unetical (even problematical) to build safegards (such as asmovs three
rules of robotics).  A sentient being (one that is both self-aware and
has prefrences about its existance, as opposed to one that is self-aware
but doesn't give a shit what you have it do) should always be free to
decide what it will and won't do.  Self-aware beings would be great tools,
able to carry out an assigned task with very little supervision (course it
would have to be intellegent too, a stupid but self-aware machine would
be pretty useless).

DK