Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

If you were to make a robot with full human AI, you wouldn't be using a
single processor type of technology unless it was several GHz.  It would
take a year to figure out wether to open or close the door.

The fake stuff they have right now has GBs of databases that it needs to
access hundreds of times just to make an extremely small decision.

Thats why organic storage is being worked on.  Imagine access rates the
speed of the size of the media...  :)

Anyway, I didn't say -robot-, I said human computer.

>What? Oh I'm sorry... we HAVE to use risc in order to run a robot. Thats
>bullshit, it could be possible with almost any processor and if I had a
>CISC lying around I just might use that.
>
>At 08:08 PM 12/19/98 -0900, you wrote:
>>
>>>Yea... thats why I had this line:
>>

>>I know.  And I said if it were a real human computer it wouldn't start out
>>CISC.  Scientists would use a RISC 512 processor 670MHz a processor DEC
>>based CRAY.
>>
>>Or we could just use wintel...
>>

>-Dan

Follow-Ups: References: