Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re(2): TI-H: mind vs. computer

In a message dated 12/17/98 7:50:22 PM Central Standard Time,
danti@applecyber.dyndns.com writes:

> I doubt that. Computers are a tool and they always will be a tool, even if
>  we make an R2D2. They wouldn't need anything if they had their own "soul",
>  but they would be proud to serve us and communicate with us to what we want
>  to know (perhaps telepathically). How do I know that they will serve us?
>  Well because we will program it to serve us and LIKE it (I'll bet Bill will
>  be the first to buy one!)
Well, if these computers are self-aware (that is, able to recognize they are
computers, and serving people), then they would probably be able to recognize
people could serve them.  If these computers create other computers, well,
what's to stop them from changing the operating code?

Rob Hornick