Re: TI-H: Batteries

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Batteries

You cannot expect great internet solutions... the main reason is if we were
to make it so people can download at 100Mbit speeds, then we would have to
completely redesign the architecture of the internet.  DSL is one good
solution, but the rest of the internet still lacks a decent architecture.
For instance, sending online "radio signals" would not be considered decent
architecture if you needed better than a 256K Sync connection to broadcast
to hundreds of users.  This is possible (Berkely arch.) but it still has
many limits.  The point is, which does have something to do with TI's, that
you could definately have a calc as a server, but it wouldn't be able to
handle very much, unless you use it as a 1-signal MP3 server, or as a main
controller for flushing html data (even then it would only be able to
handle ~10 - 50 users before it appeared to be lagged)... thats pretty much
it tho... unless anyone else has some input on this... I'd rather stick to
the camera idea! Maybe we can turn TI-calcs into digital camera's with 2"
monochrome LCD displays and 2gig HDD's!!!!