Re: TI-H: Hacked! (sort of)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Hacked! (sort of)

>From: "Dan" <danb@excite.com>
>It was me... No j/k.. I would add security to the file and print share.

I have my NetBEUI enabled on TCP/IP, and I forgot to turn of file and
printer sharing on the modem, so someone, likely on the same subnet of
my ISPs lan, was able to get into my unprotected shares via the modem.

I unbound file and printer sharing from the modem, that should eliminate
the problem.  I also set mixed case alpha-numeric passwords on the
shares, just in case.

I guess I ought to leave the drivers bound and leave one directory
shared, with a text file for this guy to find :)

DK