Re: Re:TI-H:Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Re:TI-H:Speedy Calc...

>What kind of a bus do those things use? would i be able to upgrade say the
>HD? what kinda ram do they take? i'm assuming one that's as old as a 166
>won't take DIMM's...cause i've got an unused 128megger sitting here....maybe
>i should just check for myself, eh? :)

You're right about old...but the 166MHz ones were arround when 33MHz DXs
were 'in'.  :)

Of course thats not as extreme as the suns in 1980-2 when there were 2
choices.  Apple IIe, 8086, or 16MHz RISC server of which are still running
today.  :)

The RISC server market might have high prices on the computers, but they
sure are good.  look for www resources.  I'm sure that would be a much
better help than I.  I don't know too much about Alpha's yet.  Still
learning.  But since you get to use your old familiar OS, I guess its not
that bad.

Grant