Re: TI-H: Ti-Ti cable

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Ti-Ti cable

Let me re-phrase that.  The ferrite torroids are not to snub hf into the
calc, but to snub it from leaving the calc.  The link acts as an
antenna, and the hf signals generated by the components in the calc are
transmitted by the link(so to speak...)  So to comply with federal
emissions requirements, ti puts the ferrites on the link cable, GL, and
probably the projector screen cable(though I haven't seen one)

The wires in the cable to not come in contact with these ferrites, they
simply pass through them.  The cable is a straight through
tip-tip,center ring-center ring, ring-ring cable.

Sorry for the incorrect explanation earlier.

-Adam