Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RE: TI-H: Re: Speedy Calc...

>Actually, the video thing isn't a driver problem, it's an actual hardware
>problem. The Velocity boards weren't designed to work on a 100 Mhz Socket 7
>based board...they were designed for either a 66/75 Mhz Socket 7 bus, or a
>100 Mhz Slot 1 bus...course, AGP is the same speed either way, so i don't
>see how a prob could occur there...oh well...

Hardware, whatever.  That just makes the entire platform unstable.  If the
hardware and software were all designed to work together like blocks, it
would be nice.

But its more like a few triangles, a circle, and a rectanle...  Windows
adds a big fat elephant on top of the pile.

Solaris was released for intel, run that.  I'd be interested to know how it
works.  Last time I checked they were giving it away for free as long as
you paid shipping.

Grant