Re: TI-H: Re: PIC/AVR

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re: PIC/AVR

Watch it Grant... you are becoming as ignorant as I am sometimes. Obviously
you know NOTHING about the PIC. At least I admitted to not knowing anything
about the AVR, instead of going around comparing prices and MIPS and shit.
First, since there are a TON of PIC models, they range in price... second,
if you think $7 is too much for a PIC, thats too bad. I doubt you will be
buying a whole lot of them anyway, so price really isn't a concern. PIC's
such as the xxF80 are 10MHz with 1K of memory. As for projects, you are
SERIOUSLY ignorant saying "oh wow, are we gonna see other people flash
lights?"... there are TONS of projects in many lists. One list I saw had
over 100 sites of people who make projects for their PIC, and I'll guarantee
you that many of those people have worked on multiple projects. They aren't
cheesy either. Most of them are VERY intriguing which is why the PIC came to
my attention.

> >Not really... unless you want to experiment with other peoples projects,
> >then the calc is the way to go to begin learning to program. It gives a
> >basic understanding of how to deal with IO situations like the stack,
lcd
> >display, keys, and the i/o port. Once you understand the basics of that,
> >then maybe you can move on.
>
> It doesn't give you any understanding how to use the LCD or I/O ports!
It