Re: TI-H: Re:

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Re:

I am not sure about the AVR, but the PIC has a TON of info, inlcuding
premade projects (kewl ones I might add) and plans to build the PIC
burner... I'd probably start out with Z80 (via a TI calc.), then go up to
PIC/AVR... although I don't know much about the AVR, so shoot me (no flames,
it is the law of the list! :)...

> >>My question too :)  Is any of the stuff included practical to
> >>homebuild?  I'll save money anywere I can.
> >
> >You're going to spend more money and waste time with homebuilt junk...
> >Believe me...  I'm in that position right now.  :)
>
> So the $50 kit is probaby the way to go?

> >>My feeling also, I don't want to spend more than maybe
> >>100 bux for programming, and even that is pushing it.
> >
> >The cheepest one you can build costs 7 jumper wires, an LED, a 25pin
> male
> >plug, and a 20pin DIP socket.
>
> Hmm, thats pretty darn simple, I wouldn't even have to buy
> anything for that, whats the disadvantage?
> Does the kit include a programmer?
>
> >>I also would like to know what kind of support an AVR will
> >>require in a simple installation.  For instance, suppose
> >>you want to use an AVR to trigger a relay for a specifed
> >>time period when a switch is pressed, in addition to the
> >>AVR, a relay (and maybe a clamping diode), a switch and
> >>possably a voltage regulator, what will be needed?
> >
> >Power and a crystal resonator unless you buy the chips with the fuse
> bit set.
>
> Cool, whats the fuse bit for, and is that something that you
> would/could (want to) do yourself?
>
> Thanks, good info!
> DK

-dan