Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>

Does this type of memory chip retain its info when power
is removed?  If not, how much current does it draw if its
not in use?

>>Why are you complaining about the EII?  Make your own based on
>>new hardware using I2C, then you'll have complete source to
>>apply to your own projects and release as you see fit.
>
>The EII is already done.  :/

But if you can't use it, it doesn't help you.

>There are much cheeper sources of memory than
>the one bryan chose.

All the more reason to make your own.

>I just think that if the chips firmware was released,
>maybe we wouldn't focus on I2C memory...

I dunno, sounds to me like the I2C memory would make a better
expander, the only software involved is the calc drivers, and
those shouldn't even be a big deal to write, just I2C routines
and a basic file system.

>I don't want to see the EII die
>out, but it will if there is no community support.

It will also die out when something better comes along.

DK