Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>Christopher Kalos wrote:
>
>> Actually, I did.  And maybe you're unaware of the fact that Linux is
>>available for
>> x86, Alpha, Sparc, PPC, and a few other platforms.
>
>I'm just speaking in terms of Pc or Mac. As far as the world of business
>is concerned
>it'll be a microsoft based machine (like so many others).

Microsoft will someday adopt linux as the base for their "OS".

Also.  If we use those USB chips from atmel to extend our USB transcievers
we can put a WIn95/98 certified logo on the case...  Atmels parts are
microsoft certified.  Also agian, Atmel just released 2 wire serial flash
chips at 128kbyte.  Plans for 256k and 512k are in the works.

Personally I think the EII would be alot better off if bryan released the
source.  I can understand that he wants to make someo moeny...  But with
the thousands of people who are interested in my MP3 player they still want
to buy the AVR preprogrammed for what ever I'll sell it for instead of
programming it by themselves.

I think it might be for the best of TI-hardware if someone picked up
TI-85/86 driver source and reproduced an EII.

Atmel's Serial flash are to the EII just like Linux is to Windows...  Get
it?  Linux will rule the world sometime or other because its free and
people can support it, change it, edit it, fool with it....

Oh well...

Gotta go...  Yahoo has just put 29 hits on my site within 2 seconds...
Gotta see whats up.  Btw, my worthless 10year old mac is running NetBSD at
gussie.alaska.net...  its pretty fast for what it is.

Grant