Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

Christopher Kalos wrote:

> lucky you... I got quite a few kernel32.dll crashes back in the pre-OSR2 days :)
> Anyway Rich... hope you'll come back soon... I know I caved a few times after I left
> (what was it, three unsubscribes or so?)
> And as I said, it's not the hardware, it's the apps.  that and the fact that PC
> hardware (most likely due to slower speed) is cheaper.
>
> Come back soon, and school us all with your robots (seriously!)
> Best of luck,
> CK

Don't worry, I'll be back. I'm going to wait out this Mac/PC war though and
wait out the Mel/Grant exchange (no offense Grant, but you two do post a lot
that realy could go to Personal e-mail).

Hopefuly I'll get settled in nice and soon. Let me know what I missed! Do I
want to know??? /:

Anyway, I intend to have my first bot repaired by the end of the day (idiots
at the TV studio weren't watching it and it walked off the table! I told them
the cost of the EXPENSIVE parts, but bought the cheap ones! Fixed it for $15,
made $45! :)

I'm going to buy some nice strong motors to drive my big bot (much harder.
each of the four legs has a hip/shoulder and knee/elbow. THere is also a pivot
on each shoulder to rotate the front leg's angle. Complex controler for that.
All will be done with Neural Nets, no PICs, AVRs, or processors of any kind!!!

> > Walking is a complex task, and to do it right, is extremely complex. :)
> > I have the utmost respect for your ability to make these work.
> >
> > Adam Johnson

Thanks! It is kind of a pain to get some walkers working. my first worked
first try!!! My second wasn't so lucky, but it also was based on muscle wires
and It realy didn't have the lift to carry it's own power supply. (It looked
so cool though!!!)

my realy complex one would have been done in time for the TV show, but the
motors I got were too weak! I have 16 motors and no ideas for them! ):

If I ever get the UNIMAT multitool kit, I'll just make a pair of extra gears
and use the motors with those, but the tool is over $500 total cost for all
parts! ):

Back in a few weeks or a month or so!

--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html