Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Stockly <gussie@alaska.net>
To: <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Monday, August 24, 1998 3:36 AM
Subject: Re: TI-H: Mel??? Err /: BYE!!!

>>> I never tell people that PCs are not worth using or that they are trash
or
>>> that they are stupid for using them. They are cheaper, and have become a
>>> standard. There is nothing wrong with using PCs. I simply can't afford
>>>to get
>>> a real knowlegable PC service person to fix up all my screwed up
>>>software and
>>> hardware problems. THat's why my PC sucks.
>>
>> I see you're an intelligent Mac user. I know quite a few ; ) The real
>>reason the PC crashes all the time with most people is they go and mess
>>with the system settings. Now, that doesn't say windows will kill an App
>>for some reason, but the core OS rarely crashes.(I've tried to crash it,
>>it isn't as easy as you think.) Win95 (core OS) is pretty well crash
>>proof, Apps crash, not the OS. MacOS is diffrent. Once an app dies, the
>>OS goes with it.
>
>Win95 is 99.9% worse with crashes.  Did you know that a few keys will get
>you out of a mac crash?  controll+alt then escape will force an application
>to terinate.  Command+power will enter a debug mode.  Type G FINDER and
>then enter and you'll also go back to the finder.  I do this all the time.

That''s why i use linux (except for my web work) it is a lot better and
barely ever crashes.  Plus it is a multiplatform OS.  Linux IS the best OS
around.

>> As I said, you've fooled with the settings, and caused Windows to
>>malfunction. Sorry, computers don't make mistakes, users do.
>
>Not with win95.

The reason win95 crashes is because of the extensive list of things it must
support, if a programmer does not program a program right, you can't blame
its crashing on Bill Gates.  It's not Bill Gates job to debug some other
idiot programmers programs.  WIndows 98 or 95 for that matter has never
crashed on me, only apps have and its not mine nor Bill Gate's fault it
happened.

Super Llama