Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>But anyway, apple is going to survive when they release those 592MHz,
>750MHz and 1GHz computers next year.  BP had a G4 1000MHz computer (apple
>shipped it to them) after they bought 1,500 PCs.  The G4 was able to do
>their equations faster than all PCs working together.  They have to enter
>in GIGs of information on the ground structure to figure out where to
>drill.  Mac did it in 7.8 minutes.  1,500 PCs did it in 11.7.

Grant, you can't realistically tell me that this wasn't HEAVILY biased
towards the mac.  If that single mac did something faster than 1,500
PC's, then it simply meant that the operation that they were trying to
perform either *couldn't* be parallel processed, or the mor0ns didn't
write the program correctly and the bottleneck became the
communication between the PC's as opposed to the PC's processing
capability.  Anyone who believes that a single mac can outperform
1,500 PC's in a parallelizeable application is smoking a big phatty.

>The G3s processor can do operations 2 to 4x faster than the fastest Pent,
>and its bus is only 80MHz.  :)

Where are you getting these benchmarks grant?  Can you point me to an
online article that backs up these claims?

I'd like to see a G3 that's 4x faster than my p400.  For as much as
you'd PAY for a loaded G3, you'd surely EXPECT it to be 4x faster :).

-Mel
-http://www.egr.msu.edu/~tsaimelv/expander.htm

Follow-Ups: References: