Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

>And guess what?  There's no money in emulation!
>I won't buy a machine so that I can buy an extra piece of software which
>will THEN
>allow me to run all the latest apps.  G3 is nice, fine.  But under a real
>OS, such
>as Linux, the Mac is screwed.  Default mouse design only has 1 button.
>YOU NEED
>THREE in any X11 environment.
>EVERYTHING runs through the CPU (sound, modem, etc.)  DSPs, while cheap,
>suck like
>Monica under Bill's desk.

Do you think that 100% of macs have 1 button mice?  :)  There is a mouse
you could buy in 1989 for the AppleII or Macintosh that had 2, 3 or 6
buttons.  :)

>And by the way, cockroaches might not be superior, but they'll live through a
>global thermonuclear war.  All the G3's in the world won't get you out of
>that.

Yeah, they might.  if a mac were handling the PII 1000MHz beta test it
would shut it down before it subliminated.  ;)

>Executor allows us to run software for a MODERN computer.  A PC emulation
>package
>does the same.  Who buys Executor?  Nobody.

Executor is a POS.  It crashes when you do spreadsheets in ClarisWorks.
You can't run the MacOS, extenstions, or anything.  Virtural PC can run any
PC OS and software (mel, yes, It does emulate that popular 3d chipset).

>Give it up.  In a few years, I can emulate a Mac emulating a PC emualting
>an NES
>on my cluster here at home.  Hell, I can probably give it a shot right now,
>provided I can tie in each and every box that I own and will own by the
>end of the
>year.

Too bad Executor won't run iNES.  :)

> And do you know something?  No one will care that I can do this.
>Btw, when one CPU can run circles around another, OF COURSE EMULATION WILL BE
>FASTER!  That's why I can emulate an old Amstrad machine on a P2-233 with
>speed to
>spare.

So, why are you implying that an Amstrad is to a Pent like a Pent is to a
Mac?  That doesn seem right from you.  :\

>With the superior performance of a G3, emulation is expected to work
>better.
>And by the way, how well do you expect this emulation to work so well when
>Microsoft can hardly make their OS run on the NATIVE hardware?  NT5 is so
>large
>that ppl have lost entire hard drives to it.
>Just my 4 cents
>CK

Win95 won't let me make PCBs in Protel 98.  :(