TI-H: Re: Comments on List, and other things...(Please read.)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: Re: Comments on List, and other things...(Please read.)

>	Agreed. To the Die Hard Mac users (read: Grant). Apple is dying. Their
>market share is quickly dwindling, with the final blow to Apple being
>3rd party developers are quickly exiting stage left, and running for
>the  doors. No companies are activly developing for the Apple Macs
>alone. Most 'important' companies (read: Game companies and Office
>software companies) are no longer considering the Mac as a viable
>platform for development, and if Mac versions of games are made, they
>are ported by a  development house that strictly ports software. Speed
>of the processor is irrelevant. I've used this rationalization with
>several people: The speed of the proc. is virtually invisiable, the true
>visiable speed of the computer is in the video card.

I can play any PC game at full speed using software emulation so your
arguement doesn't have ground.

>	Now, to the subject of this list. With 3494 in my TI-H folder. (first
>message is dated 4/17/98) I find this mailing list intriguing. It is
>filled with Mac/PC wars, and seems to have lost sight of its topic. I
>admit, I've fueled the fire on off topic discussions, but it seems that
>is what this list is mainly consisted of. Most projects proposed are of
>either impractibility, or unnecessary. The most fruitful discussion on
>this list I've seen is the internal memory expansion.

No one is interested in *TI* stuff.  I posted some EIII junk a while back.
No one cared.  I posted ATA-2 junk and people got PO'd.  I also offered to
post instructions on an internal EII, and nooo one was interested.

>The portable MP3 player is a great idea, and as I figured,
>you are using a MPEG decoder chip.

You design the schematic, make the code, debug the code, and then get back
to me.  Oh yeah.  You also have to be a looser kid like me in 8th grade.

>There is no great mystery to how a
>MP3 decoder could be made with a premade chip.

There is only *1* way and most people don't know how.  Its a great mystery
if you have 3 ground and 3 positive supplies to fool with.  If you've ever
looked at the MAS3507D schematic, then you'd know what i'm talking about.

Btw, the mas was the easy part.  Try creating a fat system on an 8bit
microcontroller.  And with that, ATA-2 PIO and DMA support.  I beleive you
will think its semi hard.  Also, at the same time maintaining a .7MHz or
higher serial data rate.