Re: TI-H: Calculators

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: Calculators

Unless you NEED power and 3D graphing and who knows whatelse, just go with the
TI-86. i don't recomend anything under a TI-86, unless it's used or cheap or
free! (:

THe TI-92 and the 89 are powerful, but also expensive. Also, the TI-89 is new,
and ASM programs will have to be ported for it. the TI-92 has ASM, but I have
never been able to make it work, and I've had my 92 since last year!

The TI-86, on the other hand, has more memory than a STANDARD TI-92 (the TI-92
plus and the 89 will have more though). Italso is easy to transfer a shell to
it, and it even has built in ASM support! You also will find many programs, in
both BASIC and in ASM for the TI-86, since it's such a popular calc!

I'd recoment the TI-86, unless you absolutely nee dmore power (realy, you
won't notice unless you're Tim Allen or a realy major hardware and/or software
freak, who has this need to code complex programs or make better hardware or
go crazy! :)

The TI-92/89 will be much more powerful and much more capable, but like I said
a dozen times, you realy shouldn't need it, unless you KNOW you need it.

The TI-86 I my best recomendation!
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html