Re: TI-H: USB Link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: USB Link

In a message dated 8/20/98 5:21:19 PM EDT, gregh@xmission.com writes:

> > should have at LEAST a parallel port.  Why?  Because there are no
<WORKING>
>  > USB printers!  This kind of thing would not even be useful for schools (
> who
>
>  well... Lucent makes a USB chip which has an IEEE 1284 printer port. There
>  is a company which makes a "USB printer cable" which can connect basically
>  any printer in Windows through a USB port.. Although this doesn't do much
>  for iMac without some new drivers.
Yeah - the chip works in lab tests - but - lab tests in THIS case are optimal
conditions.  I heard about this too, a while ago, there are supposedly six
(wide range of choices, eh?) printers using this or a similar chip, but PC
World could get only one to work (under half of the time.)  I forget when it
was though...

Rob