Re: TI-H: 92 battery pack expander

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 92 battery pack expander

>The reason why computers dont melt at 200 amps is that the power box inside
>the computer is made to handle that,  it has an internal circuit breaker
>mechanism which allows only the selected safe amount of amps through and nulls
>out or simply lets the excess back down the circuit.. that is what the power
>box does and is why it gets so hot that it needs its own fan :)   the calc on
>the other hand does not have any of this  because it wasnt designed for
>anything except the bateries included in it.

Okay.  You have a cup.  Take a pitcher and put 2 cups of water in that one
cup.  :)  It only holds what it was made to hold, just like the calc draws
the power it needs...  I've run my calcs off my PV/Wind array's out back of
my house and thats easily 700amps DC...  Works fine.

>The extreme ampage would heat up the calculator that the wires inside would
>fry.

Umm..  No  :)  Unless the calc is drawing the power to fry the traces,
nothing will happen...

>Another example of this is when lightning hits the phone lines and they
>explode it isnt because it is carrying millions of volts but it is because
>with those volts is a million or so amps, Amps is what melts and overloads the
>electric in houses causing blackouts  and amps are what blows fuses  not
>voltage :I

No.  The power lines spark because they were only made to handle
60,000volts or so...

Tell me this:

A coil can produce 15,000volts and all it does is tingle me when i grab on
to it.

A 120volts from by outlet will put me in to heart arrest within a few seconds.

Watts/Volts=Amps

Amps*volts=watts

amps/watts=volts

If you have 15,000volts and 240watts, 240/15000, thats .016amps

If you have 120volts and 240watts, 240/120, thats 2 amps.

Realy, I could give a TI-92 a 5100amp (3 * 2volt 1,700amp AlaskanBattery),
and it would do nothing but never run out of power...  :)

Grant