Re: TI-H: 4 dollar serial link

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-H: 4 dollar serial link

-----Original Message-----
From: shjonker@wcic.cioe.com <shjonker@wcic.cioe.com>
To: ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org <ti-hardware@lists.ticalc.org>
Date: Tuesday, August 11, 1998 9:48 PM
Subject: Re: TI-H: 4 dollar serial link

>Hi,
>i'm using CAL. It has a slight problem, it thinks COM port 1 is
>COM port 2!
yes, that is a known bug of CAL's.  i dont know why the author just doesnt
fix it...

> After fixing that problem, I used the TEST LINK option and it said my link
>worked. The only problem is... the 3.5 mm to
>2.5 mm converter.It seems there is a slight difference in the design.
>What kind of convertor do you have on yours? Did you get it from
>Radio Shack????

I got the converter to work fine(from Radio Shack), but i have to have the
3.5 mm jack pulled just a little bit out of the converter, just like .5 mm
until it tightens up a little.  But i only had this problem after using the
converter for about a year.

Jonathan Kaus