TI-H: TI-Rumble pack

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-H: TI-Rumble pack

About the rumble pack, I'm designing and building it, and i"ll get info
posted, but this is a BIG project, and it's not going to be something I build
for people. (no time, I don't even build SPinTerfaces anymore!!!).

Anyway, it consists of a noise filter, a quad transistor amplifier (two
darlingtons to drive the rumble motors and two standard NPN to drive the
speakers. It'll have a diode/switch array to set it up for diferent programs
(you wouldn't want plain jump II running with the rumble motors on, or they'd
run almost constantly, cause the stupid music, but if you removed the music,
and had a beep or pop when the ball jumps and lands, it'd work. Z-pong will
work in stereo (you feel the computer hit on the right, and you hit on the
left! or however that was supposed to go)

If it has sound, it'll run the pack in sync with the audio. I'd like a circuit
that only drives the motors when it recieves a pulse, but not when the line
stays high and not when it stays low. I need help here (And you'll recieve
credit for the sugestion if it works and is actualy uasable in the circuit).

The line driver is almost a part for part replica of the muscle wire power
driver on my 6 legged muscle wire robot. just less drivers (I only need 4, and
2 are plain transistors instead of Darlingtons) THe lenth of the Motor driver
circuit is about 1.5 inches, and I add another inch for the transistor pair
for the speakers (no cheapo quiet sound here!!!).

I repeat though, is there a circuit, a chip, anything, that can detect a pulse
and give a high if a pulse or a state change exists, and hold it for a
fraction of a second??? If I can have it accept a state change, than you could
have a nearly inaudible click initiate the rumble, and then allow the rumble
to be independent of sound!!! A simple RC timer can keep it going for a split
second, but it's the pulse detection that concerns me. Is there a flip flop or
a phase locked loop circuit that can do this??? some other logic. I'm just
throwing out things from the top of my head to possibly seed an idea in
someone else!

Hope someone can help!  (:
--

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html